Thursday, January 24, 2008

Trusting that God has it covered...

Today my boss "let me go..." Basically i got fired. Which kinda sucks. But through it all i am confident that God knows what is going on waaaaay better than i do. My job has been the source of stress in my life. Quitting has been on my mind for weeks.
God pushed me into the right decision, he knew that i was finished at my job and he made the choice easy. I am so thankful for a God who directs me in all i do.
God has always challenged me to trust him with every hardship in my life. Every time i have a worry it comes down to trust. First that i trust that my Lord is omniscient, second that he is good, and lastly putting that knowledge into practice. Today i was reminded that every good thing comes from God. "Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights in which their is no variation or shifting shadow." James 1:17. Not only does everything that is good comes from him but he never changes. Okay now i am becoming preachy. I just wanted to share God's amazing-ness with everyone. :)

:) Jenaya

3 comments:

Angela Miller said...

Jenaya, it is hard to trust God when you can't see the whole picture, but it sounds like you have a great attitude. God way is always better than ours. I hope you find a new job that you enjoy very soon!

Did you get my comment on facebook? We need to decide on a time to get together.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you are able to have a good attitude through this. You're right about everything you wrote. I just wanted to share that the one time I was "let go" from a job, ended up being such a great thing for me. A few weeks later I found a job that I LOVED, and would never have found if I were still at my previous job! God definitely has a plan for us, and He has our best interest in mind.

prodigal daughter said...

hi, i just recently got terminated from my job and was looking for some encouragement from another brother or sister in Christ. i know this blog from january is a few months old "trusting that God has it covered, but please let me know what God has been doing in your life since then. i know in my heart that the lord has something wonderful for me, but i am still in the TRUSTING stage. In Jesus Amazing Love, Vicki