Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Peacefully Protesting Abortion...

Ryan invited me to go with him on Monday to planned parenthood to peacefully protest abortion through song and prayer. It's in my nature to protest things and i believe strongly in ending abortion, so I decided without a ton of thought to participate. Ryan had been there the previous week and had given me some amount of insight as to what to expect, but I was surprised at how it affected myself. When we got there a kind old man named Bud gave us signs to hold and had us sign a peaceful agreement form. For over an hour we prayed and sang songs. While we were petitioning God to end abortion we also worshiped and praised him in the process. Bud spoke so passionately about his desire to end this evil that has been transpiring legally for over 30 years in our country. He was sincerely heart broken for the unborn children that die everyday.

The Lord really helped me see his heart for these children and i was truly moved by Bud and his desire for abortion to end. He not only talked about how horrible it was, but he put in to action his beliefs and stood up for what is wrong. I was challenged to do the same and am thankful for the opportunity presented to me by Ryan and am glad that i accepted. If protesting is not something that is for you than i challenge you to do what is the most affective way to end abortion: pray fervently that the people in our country will see truly how heinous this is and how it is not some thing that should be supported. Pray for mothers who are contemplating the decision that God would send someone to help them, Pray that the doctors and workers that enable abortions would see how wrong it truly is. Ultimately God is the one who will change this and he asks us to pray.
" If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
2 Chronicles 7:14

1 comments:

Rachel said...

Amen! I love that verse. I'm so glad that you were able to go and be invovled with this ministry. We're praying for you guys and the cause. Keep it up!
Love you, Rachel