Wednesday, February 20, 2008

The treasure principal.

Sorry for the lack of blogs lately, I could say that I've been busy but we all know that is a lie. :)
The truth is I really haven't had that much going on. Well I just started this book by Randy Alcorn called the Treasure Principal and I wanted to share and excerpt from it.

"When Jesus warns us not to store up treasures on earth it's not because wealth might be lost; it's because wealth will always be lost. Either it leaves us while we live, or we leave it when we die. No excpeptions.
Imagine you're alive at the end of the civil war. You're in the South, but you are a Northerner. You plan to move home as soon as the war is over. While in the South you've accumulated lots of Confederate currency. Now, suppose you know for a fact that the North is going to win the war and the end is imminent. What will you do with your confederate money?
If your smart there's only one answer. You should immediately cash in your confederate currency for the U.S. currency- the money that will have value onve the war is over. Keep only enough to meet your short-term needs.
As a Christian, you have inside knowledge of an eventual upheaval caused by Christ's return. This is the ultimate insider trading tip: Earth's currency will become worthless when Christ's returns-or when you die, which ever comes first. (And either event could happen at any time.)"

I really enjoyed his analogy to the civil war. It would seem silly not to trade the confederate currency for the U.S. currency. If you didn't you be a very foolish person. But so often I don't but my treasures in heaven where it will last but in the temporal things of this world. I was challenged this morning as i was reading this to change the way i view money. The money that i have like Alcorn says will leave me. So I am going to try from now to think of my treasures in heaven because that is what lasts.
Well thanks for listening.
:) Jenaya

0 comments: