Monday, May 26, 2008

And We Know...

Okay so I moved back in to my mother's house and before I could catch my breath was moving back out. My mom was growing Illegal substances in her backyard and since I didn't want to be party to that I decided to move out. Thanks Ryan for talking me through it. It didn't really hit me until Tuesday last week. My mom is just like that but this is not something that I can just right off as her being crazy. So as I told Ryan, God took my back up plan and challenged me to put my trust in him to the test once again.
I am grateful that I am growing through this. Some areas in my life I have no problem trusting God in but other areas I fail miserably. The same day that it hit me that I would have to move out I was reading about Elijah. I was astounded because He did trust God completely in some ways. When he was challenging the Priest of Baal to a test about whose God could start the fire. When it came time for Elijah to call on God to send fire from heaven he dumped tons of water on the altar. He knew that God would have no problem sending fire down no matter what was on the altar. But in the next Chapter he is asking God to kill him because he is so upset that his enemies were chasing him. What a contrast! Even amidst Elijah's doubt God sends and Angel to take care of him. What a picture of my life right now. Even while I am doubting Him he is taking care of me. I know that I have an amazing church family who will help me out. But sometimes I just want a normal family.
I am staying at Chantal and Justin's house this week. They graciously let me use their spare bedroom. Until this morning I didn't know where I would stay at the end of this week. Well the answer came this morning. My friend Addie said I could stay with her and her parents this summer. She lives in Auburn. Addie and I lived together at Ecola and I can move in next week. It is of course completely perfect. Thanks God! Still pray that I will find something come August or September. Here is a verse that I have been contemplating this week:
"And we know, that God causes all things to work together for Good to those that love God, to those that are called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28
What blows me away are the first three words. "And we know..." I pray that I can always have the same assurance that God will work together all things for good. That in times of trials I will automatically completely trust Him.

0 comments: