Thursday, June 26, 2008

hmmm...

I really appreciated Ryan's sermon on Sunday. I think that I needed to be reminded that no one is out of reach for God's grace. Sometimes I see how far away some of the people I love are from God and think that they will never come into a right relationship with God. But I need to consider more that it is only through God's grace that I am walking with Him. He is the one that draws me to him each day. I should be thankful for the amazingness of that. I did not on my own accord decide to follow Jesus. I think that is something that, while I know, I should be living out more. Just because outwardly I seem to be taking all the right steps toward God, sometimes inwardly, I am in rebellion to my Savior. I am, without God's ,no better than the worst of sinners. I get so caught up in making sure that everyone thinks I am doing right, that I forget to actually check myself and make sure that I am doing it all for God's glory and not my own. I also get jealous of families that have such great relationships with eachother. I am frustrated with the fact that I am a part of a family that is so disconnected. All of this to say I am not having a thankful heart. Sure sometimes I do but alot I don't.
I want to do ALL things for God's glory. So when I pray for my friends and family I want to do that out of a true concern for their souls and not because it is what I should do. I want to be honest with my own sinfullness so that I can be more in tune with God's grace. I want to be painful aware when I am doing things to please others and not God so that I can ask God to re focus my attention back to his Kingdom. I want to never forget the wrath that God took me away from so that I can be constantly thankful for his Son. I am sick so my head is foggy so I hope this makes some amount of sense.
I will leave you with a verse I have been thinking on lately.
"For the mind set on the flesh is death but the mind set on the Spirit is life and peace."
Romans 8:6

1 comments:

Rachel said...

I heard you got a haircut, can't wait to see it. Unless it all grows out by the time I see you again. Maybe you should visit again, and come to church? :)

Love, Rachel